Type: Full-time, year-round, salaried position – exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Associate will assist in the development of communication and marketing strategies of the school, including brand management, advertising, website and social media, print materials, marketing data analysis, media relations, and all internal and external communications. Collaborating with multiple departments, including admissions, advancement and alumni relations, and educational programs, the Associate will support the Director of Marketing & Communications in the production of digital and print content that will enhance the visibility of the school and communicate effectively with all school constituents.
St. Andrew’s Schools is a family of three schools, The Priory, The Prep and The Preschool, and is a place where each child is known and understood and celebrated for their unique talents. Each school provides a nurturing learning environment for our students and builds a rich family community that represents a diverse range of religious, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
A transformational thinker and leader, Queen Emma Kaleleon?lani founded St. Andrew’s Priory School for Girls (The Priory) in 1867, making it the oldest all-girls school on O?ahu. Celebrating our 150th anniversary this year, The Priory continues to develop confident and creative thinkers and compassionate leaders through an innovative and individualized educational program for girls, grades K through 12.
St. Andrew’s Prep for Boys (The Prep) opened in the fall of 2014 and offers single-gender classes designed specifically for boys in grades K though 5. The Prep, located on Queen Emma Square, actively engages young boys in a learning environment that builds upon their strengths and interests.
Named after our founder Queen Emma Kaleleon?lani, the Queen Emma Preschool nurtures a love of learning through joyful discovery and play for children ages 2 through 5. The beautiful Nu?uanu campus provides a foundational and natural learning environment designed to nourish a child’s innate sense of wonder and curiosity about the world.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position offering a generous benefits package including retirement plan, health benefits, paid vacation, and more. This position works through school closures (Spring Break, Winter Break, and Summer) except when school administrative offices are closed or as directed by the Head of School.
- Assists in the implementation of annual marketing plan.
- Participates in school events and activities, posting real-time content to inform and engage.
- Supports management of school’s website and social media channels.
- Seeks meaningful media opportunities highlighting school events and student accomplishments.
- Assists as needed at admission open house events and general awareness and outreach opportunities.
- Works with individual academic departments and school offices to meet their cyclical printing needs
- Promotes student recruitment activities via targeted mailings and advertisements.
- Researches and drafts news articles and in-bound marketing content.
- Carries out photography for marketing needs (collateral pieces, advertising, website, social media, etc.) and event documentation, as well as handles coordination and direction of outside photographers for specific events and needs.
- Capture and edit video for quick-turnaround communications needs.
- Coordinate and direct outside videographers for enrollment, advancement, and other marketing video needs, including website video.
- Manage a database of all of the school’s photo and video files. Tag images and videos for easy access. Archive hard copy of still photos into system when possible.