A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The position will provide marketing support towards meeting the objectives of the Michigan Medicine strategic plan. Specific efforts will focus on marketing for children’s and women’s services throughout Michigan Medicine, as well as internal communication support for the children’s and women’s administrative team.
The candidate will have a proven track record of efficient project management skills, client responsiveness and effective communication across a range of digital and traditional platforms and channels.
Project Management (50%)
Under direct supervision of Lead Brand Manager, execute and evaluate marketing strategies. Prepare and manage project timelines and budget reports. Maintain editorial calendars for social media, blog, websites and e-newsletters. Coordinate sponsorships and presence at various sponsored events. Manage execution of deliverables for advertising and sponsorship contracts. Manage monthly production and distribution of e-newsletters to clinical and patient/family audiences. Support project management of digital outreach campaigns including online virtual summer camp, annual calendar initiative, valentine campaign and select joint marketing/fundraising digital campaigns for children’s and women’s services.
Monitor and report on KPIs for social media, web traffic (including blogs), e-mail campaigns and other digital marketing tactics.
Writing and editing (20%)
Writes general content for brochures and online publication. Streamlines and edits content provided by clients for brochures and reports. Writes and reviews content for social media and e-newsletters.
Internal Communication (10%)
Manage updates to Children’s & Women’s intranet site, including monthly e-mail news/update coordination in support of Children’s & Women’s Administrative Leadership team. Supports internal communication needs from Children’s & Women’s leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, advertising or related field.
- Two to five years of experience developing and implementing creative marketing/communication plans.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of marketing strategy; understands and has employed a variety of concepts and tactics to support marketing strategies.
- Demonstrable understanding of the application and measurement of digital communication strategies including social media and analytics.
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and trends in digital and social media and online communities and the ability to translate this into actionable recommendations.
- Understanding the role of data in developing sound marketing strategy including a proven ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; recognizes the importance of communication in successfully managing client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in client service or account management with a focus on responsiveness, listening and problem solving.
- Able to deliver consistent high quality results on time and within budget.
- Superb work ethic, with a drive to exceed expectations, and a commitment to personal accountability and ownership.
- Experience and evidence of success in a fast-paced, service-oriented and cross-functional team-based environment, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven relationship building and organizational skills, as well as excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision to set priorities and meet goals.
- Must possess a strong confident and consultative approach to client management; must be able to inspire confidence in clients.
- Agency and/or healthcare marketing experience a plus
- Familiarity with graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, is beneficial.
- Experience using e-mail marketing platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, platforms and best practices.
The salary for this position will be based upon the selected candidates education and experience.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.