Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Marketing Automation Specialist within our Marketing Technology Group in our San Francisco office.
Working closely with marketing technology operations managers, the Marketing Automation Specialist maintains and develops the firmwide website ( mofo.com ), supports the Firm’s electronic mailings, and provides ongoing maintenance of firmwide Marketing Automation/CRM system (InterAction, Pardot/SFDC, etc.) and other Marketing Technology applications.
- Understands, supports, and implements firm style and web best practices.
- Independently manages a large number of requests from extended marketing team members and partners across firm’s digital assets and ensures execution in a timely manner.
- Coordinate email communications, such as client alerts, newsletters, invitations to events, etc., with clients and prospects. Develop email templates, solicit approval from stakeholders on final layout, manage mailing list for the communications, and track results. Support internal clients with e-communications and CRM needs. Work with CRM Database Manager, Marketing Web team, Creative Services, Content Marketing and Business Development to determine the correct sequencing of follow-on email communications.
- Maintain best practices for Firm’s email marketing automation/CRM platforms.
- Handle daily requests from marketing team stakeholders for adding names to contact database, pulling mailing lists for campaigns, sending out client emails, etc. Ensure client service goals are maintained and satisfaction levels are attained in all areas.
- Monitor data transfer between CRM system, Marketing Automation tools and Outlook and ensures data quality.
- Using data quality management tools, review new contacts and update to existing contacts before committing data to CRM system. Assist in maximizing efficiency of marketing technology operations through process improvement and technology upgrades. Specifically, take advantage of automated campaigns in the advanced marketing automation platform and CRM systems (e.g., Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce).
- In conjunction with managers, create reporting mechanisms to provide metrics for departmental projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal resources on special projects as needed; assist with troubleshooting, solutions assessment, and resolutions in conjunction with firm’s IT services.
- Continuously improve processes and make recommendations to the extended marketing team members based on the metrics and interpretation of results.
- Work with CRM Database Manager and IT to test, implement, and train new users; provide refresher training to existing users.
- BS in quantitative fields like Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in website development and maintenance; and in marketing automation and CRM, or combined experience in marketing technology operations. B2B experience a plus.
- Experience with email marketing best practices and setting of automated email campaigns. Experience with monitoring and reporting on web performance. Familiarity of best practices and general implementation of social media sites, blogs, and other public-facing digital platforms.
- Familiarity with standard web tools including Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and FTP clients and Content Management Systems (CMS). Familiarity with search engine implementation, best practices, and search engine optimization techniques, including content tagging, is a plus.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are , and what we do .
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!